Hormonal imbalances can occur as part of the natural aging process as well as by thyroid malfunctions or an underlying health condition. If you have experienced the detrimental impacts of a hormonal imbalance, you know that the symptoms can be life-altering. Some of the most common symptoms of a hormone imbalance include hot flashes, weight gain, night sweats, depression, fatigue, and low libido. Fortunately, it is possible to maintain good hormone health with hormone replacement therapy.
Hormone replacement therapy is a way to supplement a hormonal deficiency. If you are looking to maintain hormone health with hormone replacement therapy, here are a few of the available options and their benefits for you to consider.
1) Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, an all-natural method of hormone replacement therapy, uses hormones reflective of those found in the body. This is an exciting option for those who are looking to maintain hormone health with the assistance of plant-derived sources. These plant-based hormones are chemically identical to those humans have and will help to balance your hormones without adverse side effects.
2) Depression is difficult for those who are physically healthy. Add a hormonal balance to the mix, and it is a recipe for excess emotional and mental difficulty. Hormone replacement therapy will help to alleviate depression and promote overall good mental health.
3) Pellet hormone replacement therapy is beneficial for those who have the tendency to forget their daily medications. This method of hormone replacement therapy is great because it will be inserted just beneath the skin’s surface, where it will slowly release hormones into the bloodstream for a specified period of time.
4) Topical ointments work well for those who are suffering from low libido or vaginal dryness. This method of treatment works by being applied or inserted directly into the designated areas where it will get to work on improving libido and sexual function.
5) Approaching vacations and holidays normally mean scheduling future events as well. If you have been gaining weight due to a hormone imbalance, however, you may feel too self-conscious to send in your RSVP. Hormone replacement therapy can help you to slim down. With physician and dietary assistance, in accordance with a solid exercise plan, you can drop pant and dress sizes just in time for your upcoming event.
6) Hot flashes and night sweats can make days and nights challenging. If you are experiencing these symptoms, hormone replacement therapy will help you to get more restful sleep and have better days, minus the drastic bodily temperature changes.
If trying your best to manage the symptoms of your hormonal imbalances alone, you may want to consider the benefits of hormone replacement therapy to help you maintain your hormone health. Consult with your physician regarding potential hormone replacement options available for you.